Friday, January 23, 2009

Plymptoons

Hello my 0 followers. I have a great little clip for you. I was talking to my aunt the other night and somehow ended up talking about one of my favorite artists/animators Bill Plympton. He has done work for several companies such as Trivial Pursuit, Nutrasweet, Taco Bell, AT&T, Nike, Geico, United Airlines and Mercedes-Benz. You might also remember his contributions to MTV between shows. When you see his style it's quite obvious. If you get a chance watch my favorite short "Your Face" (i couldn't find it on youtube) a contorted face morphing of artistic bliss. He has also produced and animated several films including The Tune, I Married A Strange Person, Hair High, and his latest film Idiots and Angels. I think it's just astonishing to imagine he personally animated these films ranging around 30,000 50,000 cells. That's a lotta pencil!!



Other than that not much else going on here. Still no job offers. I might take the plunge and get some low paying job just so I don't feel so lazy and to have some spending cash. I have plenty saved up to last for a few months but that's no excuse to not have a job. I'm still waiting for my W2 forms so I can apply for student aid. I'll probably be cashing my 401K as well. It's not much so I'm really not worried about losing it. Once I finish college I'll take it more seriously. But until then...

My aunt and uncle just left for the weekend! House is all to myself! Woot woot! Partay! Yeah right, I don't even know how to party anymore. And with that i bid you farewell. Ciao.

1 comment:

The Lady said...

I don't think their house is set up for *those* types of parties. Esp with grandma so close...