Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ichi the Killer

Here's a doozy for y'all. It's become one of my favorite horror movies. From the acclaimed Japanese director Takashi Miike the master of Japanese horror/torture/insane gruesome cinema comes Ichi the Killer. Actually it came out quite a while ago but we in America just don't have the guts to watch this kind of stuff in theater. Of course being the Japan nut that I am I fell in love the first time I watched it. I've always admired films that seem to have a super human quality to them but no super human powers. The characters are obviously human but traumatized at childhood or had some sort of fetish for the unusual sending them onto a path of life that creates more than your average man. I won't ruin the story, actually I couldn't come close to describing the awesomeness of the movie but the overview is a yakuza foot soldiers master has gone missing and he will stop at nothing to find him. It doesn't contain much culture as most great Japanese films do but if your a fan of gore, horror, torture, yakuza, self mutilation, terror, revenge, and the insanity that Japanese films are so famous for then you will enjoy this movie. Even if your not too big on all that jazz you should watch it anyways!! Enjoy.

No comments: